• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

San Jose area Frys, XP2000+/K7S5Apro $69.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Found it looking at another thread but I thought this deserves a thread of its own. This is a 1 day only deal 7/3 in the San Jose Area at Frys. Get em while you can folks. This will make another great folding rig to add to my farm.

Linky

wonder if this is a palamino.. probably is... anyone know? There is a Fry's 3 blocks from my work here in San Jose... I think ill take my lunch break, and go over there.

IR1 said:
wonder if this is a palamino.. probably is... anyone know? There is a Fry's 3 blocks from my work here in San Jose... I think ill take my lunch break, and go over there.

I bought a 2200+ not to long ago at fry's a retail version and it was a t-bred A

im going to have to pick up one of those cable modems, Im renting mine for 15 a month and it's killing me

Ok I bought the cpu and mobo combo. It is a Tbred-A. My Mom needs a new computer cheap so Im gonna use it in a rig for her. Plus I picked up that maxtor disk drive for 59 with 30 dollar rebate.

Ill see how high this chip can go at stock voltage in my rig... then ill hard code, it by blowing bridges, to where it will be at a suitable overclock.

IR1 said:
Ok I bought the cpu and mobo combo. It is a Tbred-A. My Mom needs a new computer cheap so Im gonna use it in a rig for her. Plus I picked up that maxtor disk drive for 59 with 30 dollar rebate.

Ill see how high this chip can go at stock voltage in my rig... then ill hard code, it by blowing bridges, to where it will be at a suitable overclock.

good luck, I have the same chip and havent been able to even get it to 2GHZ stable.

its not like my mom plays to many video games :p. I have been looking for a good combo deal. Ive owned a k7s5a before so I know all about em. And both my brothers currently use them. The cpu.. well, ill see what I get, im not gonna be to upset if it doesnt do 2ghz, since its just a surf/email computer for my mom... to replace her.... Pent 2 300mhz stone age computer that is ok for what she does.. but she needs one to take to work. so she will take the pent to work and im building her a new rig for home.

IR1 would you be willing to go back and pick up another combo? I'll gladly paypal you the $. My brother in law had already left the area before I could get him to go there and score one of these combos for me.

I cant dude sorry. Im at work till 5 oclock. And then I gotta jet over to SVC's store to pickup my order there, then im heading to a freinds house right after. And I cant take anymore breaks.. I already took to much time eating lunch and going to Fry's the 1st time. Sorry again dude.

Plus... its limited to one per customer... I dont think they would let me buy another.

IR1 said:
its not like my mom plays to many video games :p. I have been looking for a good combo deal. Ive owned a k7s5a before so I know all about em. And both my brothers currently use them. The cpu.. well, ill see what I get, im not gonna be to upset if it doesnt do 2ghz, since its just a surf/email computer for my mom... to replace her.... Pent 2 300mhz stone age computer that is ok for what she does.. but she needs one to take to work. so she will take the pent to work and im building her a new rig for home.

The k7s5a was a decent board. good for the price and had the overclocking bio release.

Infact I Might buy that board again with a combo.

But i never had any luck at all with the pro board.

Yeah I got Honey's Oc bios on my bro's comp's. What about the pro has been... without luck? Ive never purchased a pro.. I only figured it was just k7s5a with USB 2.0 or something like that. Is there an OC bios for the pro?

Man im going to have to head back to my old K7S5A forum.

would anyone who lives near a fry's (in the USA) be willing to pick one up? no fry's down here and this is a ood deal for a 3rd Folder. (payment via Paypal) pleaaaase?

pik4chu said:
would anyone who lives near a fry's (in the USA) be willing to pick one up? no fry's down here and this is a ood deal for a 3rd Folder. (payment via Paypal) pleaaaase?

I live near a frys and have paypal I don tknow if I can make it today, Ill call and see if they have it on sale here in phx

IR1 said:
I cant dude sorry. Im at work till 5 oclock. And then I gotta jet over to SVC's store to pickup my order there, then im heading to a freinds house right after. And I cant take anymore breaks.. I already took to much time eating lunch and going to Fry's the 1st time. Sorry again dude.

Plus... its limited to one per customer... I dont think they would let me buy another.

Oh well you never know unless you ask. Thanks anyway. Normally I work at Intel on Bowers Ave, about 1 mile from the sunnyvale store. I picked the wrong day to take off.

Called em(twice), to see if they would be willing to ship the CPU+MB combo and the 30gig Maxtor to Seattle. Not looking to good, but the guy will ask the area manager to see if they can do it when he talk's to him tomorrow.

:p

Back