• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having problems with 9500 np

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nolo31

Ok, here's the scoop. Im having some problems with overclocking with my new ati 9500 np that i ordered recently. It has the red PCB, with L shaped ram. Right away, i uninstalled everything from my ti4200 card, then i flashed to the 95np128 bios. then i proceded to download the 3.5 drivers from ati. I also downloaded directx 9 from microsoft. I can get the card to 330/310 (haven't tried higher) with powerstrip. It will run anything fine, no tearing or artifacting. This is at stock processor speeds. Then, when I try to overclock my fsb or multiplier, to anything over 170, I crash in anything. I could achieve 218 fsb and run stable with my ti4200. Also with the card at stock settings, I can not pump my fsb to higher than 170. like I said, before I could get 218 and run stable in anything. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to correct my problem? I was thinking of formatting tonite, but if I can do something a little less extreme, that would be great. Lot of work to reinstall everything :/.

Back