• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to setup tv out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The easiest way is probably just to unplug the monitor and plug in the TV; that'll turn TV-out on by default.

Otherwise, plug in both, set the monitor res to 1024x768 or lower, go to the nview control panel in the nvidia driver config thing, and select "Clone"; that'll make the same image show on both the TV and the monitor.

The above directions will work if everything is perfect, so try that first. Turn everything off, hook everything up, turn on the tv, and then turn on the machine. With an nVidia gfx card, you SHOULD see the boot process happen on both the monitor and the tv screen. You'll know right away if it will work.

If it doesn't work, come back, as you will have some hair pulling and ibuprofen in your future.

i got it to work...but for some unknown reason, i couldn't watch DVD on my tv with tv-out...any suggestion?

Back