• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The warp11 softmod on a newer straight RAM 9500pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darth

Does the mod (described by the sticky at the top of this forum) work with the newer 9500pro (the ones with the strait RAM)? In that sticky, it doesnt mention anything about it. im just curious, i want to know before i decide between a 9600pro and a 9500pro. and im not talking about CONVERTING a 9500pro into a 9700, because i know that i would need an older 9500np, and i cant seem to find any locally. all i want to know is if the mod above will allow me to overclock a 9500pro with strait RAM.

forgive me if this question has been asked and answered a million times, its just that i cant find a direct answer to my question!
thx
-Darth

you have a built-by-ATI card correct?

If your clockspeed locked you will have to flash the video bios to that of a 9700. the windows driver hack is primarily for unlocking the pipelines, however i have heard certain drivers can bypass the clockspeed clock.

I personally would just flash the bios. it takes less than 30 seconds. I've done it on several cards and its just alot easier than screwing with drivers and ect.

-my 0.02

I own the 9500 Pro w/ the stright RAM configuration, and YES Warp11's BIOS does work, and allow for overclocking both core and memory.

Depending on the card, you may need to use a different flashing utility.

For example, ATIFlash erased my BIOS, but didn't write it. Long story short and 70$ later, I had to buy a PCI card to get it working again. Used FlashROM and it did the trick.

I would suggest before flashing your card, be sure to do the homework first, and make sure other people have has success flashing the same card.

Good luck!

Just to be clear so people are not misled.. this is NOT the softmod.. He's just talking about flashing the bios.

Back