• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

r9500np HSF cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well personally I would rather use somthing a bit less weight~price etc. A sk6+ for around 10 bucks is a much better deal for a vid card heatsink. The best heatsinks for a vid card for one person may be a swiftech giant with a pelt and a tornado fan taking up most all of the pci slots while another figures they only want to loose 1~2 or so. Also price usually comes into the picture aswell in choosing cooling equipment unless you already stuffed a second phase change cooler to cool your gpu lol. If you get a nidec gamma 28~32 blower you can have the air blow across the heatsink from the side and perform quite well in cooling. Small blowers seem to work quite well with vid card cooling.

Howabout a cheap Socket 7 cooler? You can probably find more than a few of these laying around for FREE. Drill a pair of 3/16" holes (I think that's right, just check the size of the ones already in the card) and attach with a pair of thin screws and matching nuts and insulating washers.

Less than $4 worth in parts at the local home depot, plus the cost (if any) of stealing someone's Skt7 cooler and fan. I just grabbed my cooler off an older rig that doesn't work anymore in my pile-o-stuff.

Back