• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can you help me find a mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonwessel

i need a good mobo for my Athlon Xp 2500+ Barton, here are my requirements:

-Supports Dual Channel DDR

-Supports at least PC2700/3200

-Supports OCing

-Supports Ultra DMA 100 AND 133

-Has good onboard sound in your opinion

-Supports at least 333 and 400 CPU Speeds

-Is ATX form factor

Thanks in advance and happy hunting

the big three are asus, abit, or epox. it is really preference and price as to which one to choose from. i believe people are getting the best consistant OC from abit at this point.

the abit board is the best OC'er. can be run over 200FSB right out of the box. well the REV 2.0 board can.

get it at excaliberPC.com. last i heard it was $112 guaranteed REV 2.0.

if that's to much get the Epox 8RDA. it's like $80 and has everything you asked for. it's also very stable but needs some mods to take a 200+FSB stable. if you want the best OC get the abit. after you spend everything to get the Epox ready for 200+ FSB you coulda paid for the abit.

The ASUS A7N8X-DLX is nice if you're not worried about price. I got mine at newegg.com for 140, but they're cheaper now. Just matters what you need.

i have the epox and nf7-s and i like both my boards. My epox didn't need any mods to hit 200 fsb. The nf7-s kicks butt and i have hit 220 fsb. I have worked on the a7n8x dlx(old version) and it wasn't able to run stable at 200 fsb. Hope that helps ya out.

Get a KT600 (kt400b) if you don't want NF2. Or KT400A but then you don't get guarenteed 200 mhz support (you get the dividers for 200 mhz though).

Back