• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

802.11 g access point?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimDgsr

Any suggestions on what to look for?

I've never really played around with any of the wireless stuff before. Currently I have a linksys befsr41 and a dlink 100mb switch. Are there any certain features I should be looking for?

I ordered an Inspiron 8500 today, and it has an 802.11 b/g card, so I figured I might as well run wireless to do some surfing from the couch. ;)

i just got my wireless access point the other day... (about a week ago) i bought a linksys wap54g and it seems to be working fantastically. it supports 802.11b and g as well so it will work on both if you need it... i notice no speed difference (as i shouldn't). i got mine for $129 off of newegg...

i'm waiting for d-link to come out with a g+ product which is 100mbs, if its anything like the b+ is we could see around 45mb actual throughput. sounds like fun to me :)

anyway i'v had very good experences with d-link, so they are all i buy now.

Back