• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ax-7 & panaflo L1a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supertrucker

Way Too Jealous Member
my step father has an athlon xp pali 2000+ on an abit kt400 board. right now he is using 1 exaust generic 80mm fan of unknown rating plus the ps fan for all of his case ventalation. his pc crashes with the side of the case on and the mobo reports temps in the 55c area under full load. he wants me to make it better but it has to be extremly quiet, so i went with a thermalright ax-7 and 3 panaflo L1as, 1 intake, 1 exaust, and 1 for the ax-7, it will be here in a few days but im wondering if it will be enough for a stock 2000+. anybody have any recommendations to get it cooler without more noise? or will this be enough

If you are using the stock AMD heatsink, then yeah, the AX-7 is a lot better. As long as it is not overclocked to the max (or still stock), it should be more than enough.

It should do great(great compared to what is on it now), because the ax-7 is made for low flow fans, yes a faster fan will be better, but since it isnt oced it should do fine, when you get it on there tell us the new 'low' temps.:D

I run the AX7/ L1A setup on my system. It is wonderful.

I idle at about 43*C on a 800mhz OC with my Tbred. All my case fans are L1A's.

if those are the only fans in the case i would worry about efficient airflow as the L1A's are rated for i beleive 14CFM. if you really want to cool down you should get rid of the palomino and get a thoroughbred B CPU. that would be the most efficient way to lose the heat imo.

emericanchaos said:
if those are the only fans in the case i would worry about efficient airflow as the L1A's are rated for i beleive 14CFM. if you really want to cool down you should get rid of the palomino and get a thoroughbred B CPU. that would be the most efficient way to lose the heat imo.
Most effeicient way? Efficient to what? a new 2000+ costs atleast 50 bucks, he is maybe spendin 50 bucks for the fans and stuff now, but even with the new 'cooler' running processor, he would still have to have a better HSF so in the end he would be spending more, so I dont see it as efficient .
Also the L1A's are perfectly fine for case fans, that is what alot of people use here on there oc machines.

Back