• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

875P Neo2 Fan speedup/slowdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Henry Rawlinson

Registered
I'm running this board non-OC'd currently, with a 2.4C and 1Gig Crucial 3200 CL3 on it, with a TI4200 card. It's in a coolermaster case with 2 input fans, a top and a rear exhaust fan. The PSU as an input and output fan too. I'm on the 1.4 BIOS on the board.

I'm using a the stock intel CPU cooler.

I notice that when I'm using the PC the fan speed changes, quite a lot. In fact it 'whines up' and then 'whines down' every few seconds, quite noticebly.

I don't mind the fan noise itself, as long as it remains constant. But i can't find any way of making it stay constant. The noice is from the board-powered fans (I *think* the cpu fan is the main culprit) rather than those powered off the PSU directly. CPU temperature is not raising over 52 degress, but does fluctuate from 48C to 52 (probably because of the fan speed changes eh?)

I cannot find any way in Bios or otherwise of telling them all to run at a constant speed. I don't really want to change the nice little coolermaster fan-cables to take power from the PSU directly, and again I wouldn't want to do that for the CPU fan (not least because I like the motherboard to be monitoring fan speed and give me alarms as needed).

My guess is that the Mobo is simply speeding stuff up and slowing down with temp fluctuations, that quickly change with each speeed change: therefore it's in a sppedup/slowdown perpetual cycle. Makes for annoying noise....

Has anyone else experienced this? Even better, anyone have any tips for dealing with it?

Guys, I am d*u*m*b I think. I read threads below here, that talk about hte manual/auto fan settings in the corecell software. I will go try that.

I apologise to this forum for not reading-around enough first!

(I'll post back to confirm if this works out ok for me).

This worked fine, I was able to turn the CPU-fan right down.

A couple more questions though now:

- I can turn down the fan, but every time I boot the setting is not remembered. I have to turn them down again in Corecenter. Is there any way I can get my system to remember the fan speed I would like, even over a reboot?

Back