• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jenova said:
i wanna like put some coulor in my heatsinks??
anyways or mods
???

You could try getting some spray paint to re-finisht hem, might be kind of hard to get them coated with the fins and all. Not sure how hot they get but you should maybe use soem of that high-temp paint?

I've never heard of anyone doing that, but hey, why not :)

post some pics when you get it done :)

Jenova said:
yeah i dont really wanna paint it

well not much else you could do. I don't know if you can dye the metal/aluminum whatever they are. You could get them annodized/powdercoated but that can turn out to be expensive in the end.

I have the ultimate mod for an ugly heatsink assuming it fits an 80mm fan.

Throw a nice Quad Led Fan on top of it, not only does it give the case color but it gives the heatsink color and they do a pretty good job of cooling the cpu.

That's the only heatsink mod I can think of currently.

What is the base metal your heatsinks are made of? If it is aluminum and has a layer of paint on it already, you could always grind some of the paint off of the edges. Then the paint is still on most of the sink but the edges shine through with a silver color. I did this for a heatsink that I made for my cousin and it looked pretty good. Also, using a grinder puts small gooves in the metal as long as you don't buff them down and turbulent air takes away more heat.

If you were to spray paint it, wouldn't that hold the heat in the aluminum? Also, i'm not sure exactly how hot they get, but, wouldn't the built up heat in the 'sink bubble the paint over time?

I coud be talking out my ***... I donno...It was just a thought..

wow i just got an awesome idea. get a uv led fan to attach to the heatsink, then coat the heatsink in uv reactive paint. that would look NEAT

You can put a nickel coating on copper to make it look silver or gold if you follow through with the procedures completely. This outlines the procedures for turning a penny a golden color. A few modifications to the procedure and a little dedication, and this mod can be pulled off.

Back