• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just a little help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigemike

Ok my 9500 np is goign to be here tommorow and I wanted to ask a few simple things??
1 is it worth while to try a soft mod to see if the card is good enough to run at the 9700 pro specs. I read this in a post "it softmodded to a 9700 (using w1zzard's drivers). " where so I find these and is this something to do.

2 is this the same as flahing bios ?? does the bios flasjh give any help??

3. from what I read the softmod drivers will open all 8 pipes, just like soldering the resistor, is there any difference in performance. Also does the bios need to be flashed to try the soft mod.

I really don't understand the difference between the soft mod and the bios. ?? does one work without the other?? what softmod do people with the saphire 9500 non pro with the l shaped ram use.

Any help would be appreciated, I have been reading for hours but can't make complete sense out of all this. Basically I don't want to ruin the card by being uninformed.

thanks a bunch.

1. Yeah, it's worth it! You got nothing to lose. http://www.maxdownloads.com/~ian/wizzard/

2. Flashing the bios changes a couple things.. what the card shows up as, the memory timings and settings, and the default clock speeds. You don't need to do this but you can experiment with different ones to see if you can get better performance or higher memory overclocks.

3. Soft and hard do the exact same thing so no diff... You don't need to flash the bios withi the softmod.

All of these mods do the exact same thing.. thers the one i linked and the rivatuner one and the hard mod. What the mod does is trick your drivers into thinking that your card is a 9700 and then it will utilize all 8 pipelines. Basically a 256 bit 9500np IS a 9700... and a 128 bit 9500np IS a 9500 Pro you just got to trick the drivers into recognizing it as one.

Back