• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! ASAP! My sapphire 9500np thinks it spanish!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rommelrommel

It's a 9500np with the old 9700 style memory layout. Now, during post, or if I go into my BIOS, some weird spanish characters appear in place of the proper ones...

Also, I have Win2k and during the startup when you can press F8 for different startup options, all the writing is in spanish, or something like that...

WTF is going on?

And, it's f-ed in 3d. artifacts all over the place in 3dmark, and colouring is all screwed in CS.

Umm Spanish uses Roman (Latin) characters like English so what I'm guesisng is that you're just reading garbled text. Did you do anything to the card?

Some of it is just garbled, but I do believe that the windows startup message is actually in spanish...

More details. Did you do anything different to it? Is it a new card? Motherboard? Are the planets Jupiter and Pluto aligned with the moons of Saturn?

Mobo: Asus A7N8X, had it for a few months, had the card for a few months, have overclocked it most of the time, but no mods. Tried flashing the BIOS figuring maybe somehow it corrupted... nothing. Obviosly tried backing off the O/C, to below stock levels, nothing.

I got a better look at the Windows start up and I take back my Spanish thing. It is just garbled, but in that particular message nearly every single character is garbled, and garbled the same every time, whereas in BIOS only a few are.

I have heard of this before, i think it's f'd... i don't think it's spanish though since spanish uses english letters!

Back