• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got 2 new 120 8mb WDs and now all I hear is clicking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EclipseJP

I just got 2 of these bad boys and put them on raid 0 on my adaptec raid card. Now one of the drives just sits there and clicks and it thinks its a 800bb drive with 74 gigs. Anyone ever encounter this before? I am just gunna bring it back because its only a week old. But I just wanted to find out whats happing with this drive?

ya i did :(

after running data lifeguard utilities on my hd, i had to rma it because the drive had and read element error.

wd was quick in getting me a replacement .

run data lifeguard and see whats going on.

I tried that one. It doesnt even see it in data lifeguard. I also tried it on the raid card and then off on the onboard controller. And like i said it doesnt even see a drive.

Im wondering if raid 0 is killing all of my drives because my old Deathstars always failed too.

This may sound crazy but it could be a power issue. It has happened to me before. Unplug the power from the HD's and try different molex connectors from the power supply. Are you using any Y connectors on the PSU?

I tried switching connectors with the other hd. I dont have any Y connectors. But I will try all of the connections because my other drives when running raid it would always be the bottom drive that failed. Also I have the hd coolers that cover up the drives even the holes it says not to cover. Is this a problem?

Back