• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Console problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

altec

polka dot ninja
I recieved 3 tinkers recently, and ever since then the results for my folding have not been sent in. I have 4 days now with no production, and tons of WU's waiting to be sent. Is there some way to force the console to send them, or do I need to do something else? This is driving me nuts. :mad:

altec said:
I recieved 3 tinkers recently, and ever since then the results for my folding have not been sent in. I have 4 days now with no production, and tons of WU's waiting to be sent. Is there some way to force the console to send them, or do I need to do something else? This is driving me nuts. :mad:
The best way is to just quit the console, then restart it. Each time you do that, it attempts to send the results. If the server that is to get those results is down, obviously they can't be sent but eventually, they will be.

I have done that a bunch, and still no send. I have also noticed that I recieved another tinker even though I am using the flags -advmethods -forceasm...what gives. The tinker that is currently going will not give me any progress either...like it wont say complete a step 1 or anything, but the task manager says FAHCore is using 99% of the CPU...argh! Whats wrong?

If you are not seeing any progress in the log file, then you may have a defective WU or something. The problem is that you need to send in all of your WU's first, then you could delete the entire Work folder to get a new WU.

Run the client using the "-send all" flag (without the quotes of course). This will force the client to attempt to send in all completed WU's.

We need to help each other help us. No mention is made of what server is involved. Kind of puts one in a position of wonder. If I keep getting no Gromacs, even with the flags set, I would check the server status to see if the assignment server is compensating for a no send/recieve condition. The same condition that had us recieving Gnomes when 110 boinked. Can't say that was the cause of your prob. Sorry. Oh yeah, when you don't need our help anymore please post here so we can ignore this thread.

I still needed the help till 5min. ago. I just went ahead and deleted the work folder and re-set the flage, and apparently it worked this time because it went ahead and grabbed a gromacs. I lost like 6 completed WU's though.

Thanks for the help guys ;).

My main comp isn't sending WUs either, but I'm going to give it a little bit to try and send them off before I write off the three WUs waiting. It's got a gromac, so oh well.

everyone should check their queue before deleting completed wu's......the only time i would ever delete them would be if in the queue it said they arent there (this happens if the proggy just didnt delete them after sending them in, or if your queue was corrupted by shutting down incorrectly or something to that effect...) in the gui you can check the queue by going to the icon> right click> status> queue info...i dont know how to do it with the console :) (you cant just read the queue file either....its encrypted...)

Back