• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Startinh Hardcore CAD and 3DS Max, what card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ahhh, do they have softmods for the 9800 though? I heard some one was working on one for the 5900 right now but I'm not sure on the 9800. Probally going to go with the 5900

I'm not sure , the 9700 probably has , but I dunno about the 9800 . I think the 9800 is a better gaming card but the 5900 is far better at CAD and if there is a Quadro softmod then you will be in a very good position .

Parhelia excels at 2D CAD, but is crippled in 3D CAD.

From experience, WildcatVPs are actually not bad at gaming so long as it is an OpenGL game. DirectX on the otherhand has massive problems.

as far as the fx 5900 and Pro-E goes it runs very nice. redraws just as fast as my quadro did but some things like mechanism design must use specific quardro stuff because my mechanism redraws like gears and cam surfaces are slower than the quadro.

most importantly normal zooming panning, etc and regeneration are very fast. at least as fast as my quadro was. stability seem good also even in the animation module that my 9800 pro crashed constantly in.

the 9800 pro was definately faster in all the games i play and i does noticably look better, but the fx 5900 is a nice card. don't bother spending the extra money on an ultra the 128mb is plenty fast and newegg has them starting at $330.

only bummer is that my swiftech gpu block doesn't fit on the fx, darn core is so big they has to change the mounting screw placement....

Back