• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know why high AR=Fast Processing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldrum3

Just out of curiosity, could someone explain it to me? I noticed my work machine generally takes about 3:10 to 3:15 to do an "average" WU. Some of the higher AR's (1.8+) I've been getting lately finish in as little 2:30. Just wondering what the "science" behind it is?

Edit: Also, I was just looking at my log some more and noticed that the majority of my WU's only show 99.**% completion. I've only had a few (maybe 8) finish 100% since July 1st. I think that's also about the time I started using SETIDriver on this machine. Coincidence, or related perhaps?

I'm not sure about the AR thing but as for setidriver or setispy showing between 99% and 100% i think it is because they don't update to the second. Setidriver updates every minute and while within that minute a WU could complete and only show the last recorded % done. I haven't used setispy for a while but i'm sure it does the same thing and only reporting in it's log the last percentage complete before moving on to the next wu.

Back