• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally!!! My watercooling is up!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

altec

polka dot ninja
I have been waiting so long for this! I have the loop in my box right now, and it is bleeding. I didnt feel like messing with the cables tonight, so I'll have my computer all back together tomorrow...Im so happy!

I am running:
Eheim 1250
D-tek WW
Heatercore w/ custom shroud: by Excelsior
1/2" Clearflex tubing

:clap: :D :) :p :attn:

Hope fully this will help me get to 2.6Ghz with my current CPU. :burn:

I will borrow a digital camera and post some pics ASAP.

I used this anti-freeze that gave the water a nice green look. The only problem I seem to be having is that the water has gotten foamy...almost like there is soap in there. Will that clear up? What is it from?

Well guys...I think I killed my CPU. I dont know, I just tried to bood up, no POST. I reset the CMOS, and it POSTed but then it rebooted when it tried to get to windows. I tried again, and it got to my Password screen for windows, I tried to log in, and the thing shut off. I tried again...poered off. I am soo f**kin p**sed right now I dont know what to do.

you make shure you pump is pluged in??? my cats always fighting bhind pc and unplug the pump, this happens to me about once a month. and my pc does same thing

Pump is plugged in. Everything is in place (from what I can tell), and everything is dry.

have you tried re-installing your block?.. it is possible your block and the cpu isn't making a nice even contact. you could also be getting a descent 29C cpu temp when your system is set back to default speeds. It'll require a lot more cooling power/ cpu & block contact to do overclocked speeds.. Try reseating the block.

The CPU is at stock and wont go to windows. I never re-set the overclocked speed after I reset the CMOS>

You mentioned the foam in the water, you may need to change the coolant because the foam may kill your CPU. It can stop up the water flow in the block just like a heart attack.

I took everything apart and re-assembled it today. I re-seated the block and low and behold I got everything to work. My only complaint is that the temp is the same as my air cooling at my overclocked settings. 45C idle and 49C load. It dropped 2C on the load tem, but I was hoping for more. I seated the block exactly as the instructions that came with it said...I wonder what the problem is?

You have the NF7, which has an insocket thermistor. Some people may remember me posting a long rant with some calculations complaining about why my temps only went down by 3°C. In socket thermistors like airflow; this is one of the reasons that they sometimes read aircooled rigs as being lower than watercooled ones. Your temps are most likely perfect. They're very similar to what I get. Do have bios 1.4 or higher, btw?

Well I am also still running the BIOS that came with the board...so what kind of temp decrese comes along with flashing to the newest BIOS?

Around 10°C on water, and 3-5°C on air. Make sure that there are no kinks or clogs. The foam means that your system probably isn't fully bled yet. Btw, glad to see your proc isn't dead :).

Thanks man. There aren't any kinks...but I had to route the tubing kind of strangely in one place to preven kinking. Yeah, it is bleeding now...what is the best way to get all the air out of the heatercore...it sounds like therer is still air in there...like a gurgling noise.

I just leave my system on, and the air naturally finds its way out. Its worked for me every time; takes around 12 hours or more to be 100% bled, but its still perfectly usable in this time frame. Someone else probably has some better advice, though.

Back