• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATTN: people with antec chieftec chenming etc cases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

if any of you have the mid tower that has the 2 detachable drive cages above the front intake fan instead of one.

can you convert the 2 80mm rear exh fans to 2 92mm fans? like if you cut out the metal and squeezed them in do you think it could make it? from the pics i've seen it looks like i could maybe squeeze it in.

i have my eye on some panaflo 92mm's that do over 40cfm and 30dba. 2 of those on the back would be beast. plus one 120mm exh on the top panel my stealth on the intake with 2 more of those 92's. that would give me equal pressure, 130CFM in 130CFM out. maybe a fan over the GPU so i'd be slightly positive.

I've got two 92mm fans in the rear openings of my Chen Ming tower. It's a tight squeeze, but works well.

Last edited:
i've been wondering this myself. I've just removed the standard rear fan grills with my dremel (also the front ones deserve a good dremel'ing ;]) and i was wondering if the rear ones coulc be modded to accept 92mm or even 120mm fans. I do want to get a 120mm in there somewhere, and i dont mind going a bit crazy with the dremel to achieve it.

from the looks of things a 120 won't fit in the rear. larva said that the 92's are a tight squeeze so a 120 is def out of the question. even if you could 2 92's would be quieter and prolly move more air unless you get a monster 120.

i'd save the 120's for the top panel and the front panel. maybe the bottom panel too if you have the case on a flat surface of some kind, e.g not carpet.

120's will fit in the rear. When I was building my watercooling rig I was thinking of mounting my Black Ice X in the rear. It was a tight sqeeze, but it fit. You can deffinatly have one 120 in the back, not sure about 2. BTW I have an Antec 1040.

how do you fit a 120 in the back? you won't get it flush w/ the back b/c you have to go over the ridge that holds the I/O panel.

I am leaving 2 80mm in the back as intakes, 1 80mm over hdd as intake, 1 92mm on bottom front as intake, then 1 (maybe 2) 120mm on top as a blow hole.

Back