• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

online store

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
I am interested in starting up an online business. I am curious to see if there is anyone here would be interested in becomming a partner. Obviously we haven't met personally, but we could work something out for someone who is interested. But i do have some basic questions.

I want the store to be computer focused in some way (obviously)
Not sure what the best market it
Ideas on review of new products ect.
Online shopping.

Basically looking for ideas that would make something like this successfull.

What do you think?

Anyway, if you want to resell webhosting, I could use you. ;)

Um... hrm... I know members with standings of less than "Old god-types who are bedecked with stars and colors" can't post links and stuff, but is what I just posted appropriate?

"CAN I GET A RULING?"

If your looking to make bundles of money then Online computer hardware isnt a very good area.
You operate on a very low profit margin (very, very low), plus the high startup cost doesnt make it very appealing. Prehaps if you do some research around your area and find a good medium sized town with 1 or fewer computer shops you can open up a successful brick and moarter shop.
Thats what I plan on doing once i get a 2 year degree to back up my skills :) (no way in hell I could stand school for 4 more years :eek: )

BigRed said:
If your looking to make bundles of money then Online computer hardware isnt a very good area.
You operate on a very low profit margin (very, very low), plus the high startup cost doesnt make it very appealing. Prehaps if you do some research around your area and find a good medium sized town with 1 or fewer computer shops you can open up a successful brick and moarter shop.
Thats what I plan on doing once i get a 2 year degree to back up my skills :) (no way in hell I could stand school for 4 more years :eek: )

Yea, it's not like newegg.com just popped out of nowhere, they had a very large chain of stores throughout the country first.

Back