• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rip 1700...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, It will not power up steadily anymore. And i dont have a multimeter ;).

P.S. Ashville is a nice town. I used to live in Durham and we would go to Ashville a lot. ;)

Can the system run stable at much lower CPU frequency and video card at default speed, possibly without optical drives?

Do you have another PSU to swap and test?

My psu in my sig is great...it is like $20 more than the Antec but it has like a 33 amps on the 12V with active PFC...I'm sure the Antec is powerful enough at 480 though. Just other suggestions;)

Oh it also as 44 amps on th 5V rail which is what all those lights and fans (as well as RAM) are running off of. this i found to be plenty for my 6 led lights and vantec tornado and 512MB of Corsair 3200, etc.

I went and tried it once again. It booted 3 or four times but would never get into windows, even with the CPU underclocked and with the CMOS reset. Then something else odd happened. I would power on and both the red and green LED on the motherboard would come on steadily. I would get no beeps from the board and no POST. I tried everything I could think of: switched CPU, memory, reset CMOS, ans switched PSU's and nothing would solve the problem.

I contacted Abit Tech. Support to see if they had any other suggestions for me to try. He said that I covered the bases pretty well, and he would suggest RMAing the board. I made sure and asked if spilling water on it voided the warranty or something because I didnt want to feel guilty for ripping off Abit, and the guy said not to worry about it. I just turned in an RMA request...so hopefully I will be back up and running soon.

The Techincal Support guy told me that it shouldnt matter as long as there is no visable damage to the motherboard. Go figure...he may just not care.

probly. it sounds as if it is the board that was the problem anyways. i mean if there is no visible damage to the cpu and you didnt do anything to it unless its SADS then it is most likely your mobo. that probly been seen like 220000000 times already but oh well.

Well, if it turns out to be your CPU, I could help you with that problem. I have a spare 1700 DLT3C (0311) laying that I have been dying to get rid of.

If your interested, just shoot me a PM.

hummm.......IF possible swap out the Radon for another Vid card that doesn't suck a PSU dry. Bare bones the rest for the lowest power useage. Then try the two different power supplies. That might allow you to rule one of the two possibilities out. Leaveing you with the answer.

If you got a good multi meter handy take voltage measurements off of the PSU leads while testing. The more information you have the better your troubleshooting will go. Try clipping the ground lead to the chassie ground and just touch the red wires on the leads. Less risk of shorting that way.

Back