• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lighting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt_w_lambert

I have a blue case w/ x window and 80mm fan and a cold cathode(blue) and i was going to put those uv ide cables and i was wandering if the blue cold cathode 80mm fan and cold cathode case light would interfere with the uv light

also has anyone seen those led fans that go in front of your pc in the cd drive bays?

I guess I don't fully understand. Is your case cold cathode blue or UV?

edit* I mean the ones you are wanting. I guess you haven't got them yet, right?

If both the case light and the fan is blue, you would need to get a UV (black light) cold cathode to get the UV sensitive IDE cables to glow. Although, I have read some posts that some people have had some disappointing results when combining a colored CCFL with a UV CCFL. You can read a couple of links here and here.

What I think I am going to do with my computer, is use just a blue led fan on the side of my case, over my video card and the use a UV CCFL on the bottom and one on the top so I can have a little blue light but not overpower the glow from the UV stuff. It may work or it may not.

I'd like know what you decide to do, and post some pics when you've got it done.

i think i might do that but it might be awhile i just got a ticket from a stupid police man for doing nothing cost me $100
maby in a week or two

know of any where to get cheap ccl uv's i can get them for $15 now of anywhere cheaper

the lights work sorry i cant post any pics my camera is old and dosent work with the lights

Back