• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Things that make you go Hmmm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Epauls,

I want to give you huge kudos for the steep slope on your graph, but I have no idea what you're talking about. :D

A little more info as to what you're setting up and having problems with would get me out of the dark.

Cheers,

Wedo

Let me explain it by telling how it works witha Win2k pro machine, then it is easier to understand.
I have a win2k server with domain name erpauls. I install win2k pro on a workstation and have it join the domain. Then If I go to share a resource on the workstation I set up tell it to share that resource. I then press the permissions button and it brings up that page. If I hit ADD button it brings up all the Domain erpauls users and groups. I can then select whomever I want to have rights and what rights.

After joining a XP pro machine to the domain if I go to the share area when I try to add users it only pulls them from the local machines users not the domains. If I go to the location selection I only have that computers location not the main domain.

I have double/triple checked made sure I was logged into the main domain. I've logged in as administrator and a user with admin rights. still nothing.
Now, to make it even more weird one time for a brief moment it did bring the domain users but next time I tried nope.

Now my current work around has been to give permission to the local administrators group which is recognizing the domain administrators. Since I am a domain admin it has allowed me access this way but it is not prefered.

I've had this problem with my w2k machines and my XPpro machine. My XPpro can only see some shares and I'm not sure why. I got around it for now by mapping the IP address from the run box.

If I figure this out I'll post.

Back