• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Complete Guide to Upgrade Video Card Cooling (needed)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boostin14PSI

Ok i just fried my last video card (8500le). When i get my new one I want to upgrade the cooling. I already have ramsinks and an upgraded hsf for the gpu. I need to know what pastes, glues, epoxies, or whatever i need to hold on the heatsinks. What solvents to use for cleaning of the old glue from the hsf on the gpu. Also any precoutions i should take before do this would be great.
Thanx alot and Maybe this could be a sticky.

Boostin14PSI said:
Thanx alot and Maybe this could be a sticky.

Or maybe you could do a search.... but I guess you would have to spend a few extra mins reading and looking for what you needed.

well i looked on the main page under tips and techniques and found some stuff on it but it didn't say what and how to hold the heatsinks on the card. I was also hoping to here some people's mistakes and precoutions i should take like how much of what ever i have to use to hold the heatsink on to use. Also did you ever think that asking a question like this would take some time to be read and answered. In that time i would have found, read, and digested an article on how to do this. If there has been a post like this i am sorry but im at a loss of words to search for.

Last edited:
Back