• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which bios to use for 9500np

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tekkism

Registered
i am currently using warp11's 9500np 128mb bios and w1zzard's 3.6 hacked drivers w/ no checkerboards. Would I get better results and stability if I flash it w/ a 9700np bios? If so, where can I download them...

Actually, I've been doing some testing on this. The Warp11 9500np bios doesn't seem to overclock as well on my voltmodded Infineon chips (I max out at 311mhz on the memory stabily) but overclocks a little better on the core (398mhz) Overall, that bios scores better in both 3dmarks.

Versus the 9700np Club bios, which overclocks a lot better on the ram (324 stable) but not as well on the core (385 stable) and nets slightly lower 3dmark scores.

To tell you the truth, I can't tell much difference in real games either. UT2K3 seems to favor the 9700np bios for most maps, but depending on your graphics settings it sometimes likes the Warp11 bios (and the lower memory speeds) better.

So whatever you do, test it extensively before making your decision. Sometimes a higher available overclock doesn't always net you a faster system...

well, i went back to the original sapphire bios...but which do you guys think is better, the original sapphire bios or the warp11 hacked 9500 bios? i got 3dmark01 to run completely through, but 3dmark03 keeps shutting down, turning off, and goes to desktop...

wow, after foolin around for hours w/ my computer, i finally managed to get a stable speed. Finally broke 17k and i got 500 more points on 3dmark03 than i usually do...life is sweet again :0-D

Back