• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does anyone have a nf7-s v2 with a single western digital 40gb working?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amsties

Registered
does anyone have a nf7-s v2 with a single western digital 40gb 7200rpm 2mb hard drive from a couple years ago working on this motherboard. if so did u run into any problems? if u did how did u fix it what are your jumpers set at?

Your problem is probably not specific to the motherboard. The only thing you could do with the jumpers is set them to master, with no slave. It should say on the top of the drive what jumper setting that is. After that, try replacing the cable. After that, reset the bios. Finally, give it one more try with all the same cables and jumper settings on a couple other boards and then ship that sucker back to Abit. These days, if you can't get a HD to work when the jumpers are right, some hardware is defective, you just gotta find out what.

I almost went and bought a new DVD drive, as my computer wouldn't boot with its IDE cable plugged in, but when I went to unplug it one last time, the cable fell apart. I replaced that, and now everything works fine.

itim100 said:
Your problem is probably not specific to the motherboard. The only thing you could do with the jumpers is set them to master, with no slave. It should say on the top of the drive what jumper setting that is. After that, try replacing the cable. After that, reset the bios. Finally, give it one more try with all the same cables and jumper settings on a couple other boards and then ship that sucker back to Abit. These days, if you can't get a HD to work when the jumpers are right, some hardware is defective, you just gotta find out what.

I almost went and bought a new DVD drive, as my computer wouldn't boot with its IDE cable plugged in, but when I went to unplug it one last time, the cable fell apart. I replaced that, and now everything works fine.

Brought back mb and got new one same thing. i tood u all iv tried every single jumper combo including no jumper at all. there are no other drives. tried 5 different cables. reset bios a dozen times. works fine on all my other computers. its my hard drive that’s not working, Everything else works when i switch to may dads maxtor hard drive the whole system runs the way it was ment to.

hey man cant say that my problem is the same but i run 2 western digitals a 30 gig and a 80 gig both 2 meg buffer and my copmp will post but i cant get it to boot from cdrom because it gives me the error " NTLDR missing" before i can boot from cdrom or anything maybe this is a conflict for NF7-s rev 2.0 boards, im gonna try a new IDE cable today as the one i use as seen some bending and abuse, if that doesent work im swapping in a maxtor HD

tried a quantum HD a walah thing booted right up obviously a conflict with NF7-s rev 2.0 and WD hds now im kinda in a debate about what to do, should i just RMA it, or should i get me a couple new HDS?

sold my wd and picked up a maxtor ata133 40gb and it works fine im typing this through my new rig.

Back