• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 2.4 C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anchovy

I have read/heard that the p4 2.4 with H/t is very good for overclocking upto 3.6ghz is this true has anyone tried it out and if so how did you do? Any response would be appriciated. Thanks

There are folks reaching 3.6 gig with the 2.4C, but that's not typical. The average seems to be more in the 3.2 to 3.4 gig ball park like Mark said.

Ive got mine at 3.0 ghz.. Im using stock cooling and I know I can go higher but Im very happy at this speed.. Maybe when I get my new hsf Ill push it to 3.2..

oh yes, I got a 2.6c today and I will immediately exchange it for a 2.4. These chips all overclock to the same speed on average, due to the multiplier, and if you are going to overclock then you might as well do with a higher fsb. I guess a lower multiplier is your friend in an instance like this, all you need is the proper mobo to drive up the fsb and you are in business. Keep the voltage down, I don't care what anyone says. Be polite to your chips. I started with a 3.0 and overclocked it to about 3.2 ghz stable. Now I have this 2.6 and it seems to go to 3.2 ghz stable. I guess the 2.4 might do the same and with a mad fsb! :D

As my friend Jesse just said to me via IM, "yeah 2.4 is for the enthusiast."

Moreover, I am going to Fry's to buy this chip OEM and will repeatedly make them go and bring another chip to me until it says in beautiful letters "malay" on it.

3.2 - 3.4 sounds right, i'm 3.3 :D. just make sure you have some decent cooling SLK, Zalman 7000cu or even better...water. i've got the zalman and my temps are perfect 51 under 100% load.

tag some good memory and viola, you'll have a fast system.

forgot to add, disable last 2 options under game accelerator (bios 1.4 or later), put your mem at 2.8v and you may have to (likely will) have to add more voltage to your cpu. i'm prime stable for 13 hours and counting at 1.7v but at 1.65 if bombs out after 8. most people are getting high clocks with 1.55-1.6v though. this is where that cooling helps. and go 3:2 ratio to find your cpu limit, some are 3.0, most are 3.3 (275fsb seems to be a wall) and a few are like you said 3.6ish!

good luck

Back