• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I join?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unclesasamon

Registered
Hey all,

I got a new computer and am going to use my other computer for the folding@home project. It looks interesting and it's for a good cause. I was wondering, how do I join your team (32)? Do I just put 32 the dialog box for team name or do I have to do something else.

Yep, just put "32" at the team number option. You also need to buy two Athlon MP chips ;) (j/k).

Welcome To The Team! :D

Welcome to the team. Did you get everything set up ok? If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :D

Wedo

Wedo said:
Welcome to the team. Did you get everything set up ok? If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :D

Wedo

I have a question. Is it better to run one client at a time per machine? Because I'm running 4 on one machine...but I'm not sure if that's slowing the others down.

I think that will slow the others down, Id use one at a time at 100% if I were you with minimum other applications going at the sime time.

OK...darn. Is it ok just to kill the others right now (without letting them finish; they're still like 3 days away to completion)? Thanks for the help, Bigdogbmx.

I would wait unitl the three finished and get credit for them and then start going with only one Client if they are only 3 days away from completion. It could get you around 90 points. Thant's my opinion, I'm sure others will have some other also.

Running more than one client does tend to reduce overall efficiency. However, it is nice to have another client ready to go in case the servers go down. This way you can simply start another client and work on a unit instead of sitting idle.

Back