• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

People with 9700p or np AIW cards - Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

I'm debating a 9700 AIW or a 9800np. I know which one is faster, so don't bother with that. Graphics are nice, but I don't judge my size downstairs by my 3D Mark score ;)

My main crutch is this: Are all those features worth it? The TiVo-like recording feature sounds cool, the video capture sounds cool, the TV-while-surfing-the-net idea sounds cool, the HDTV capability sound cool, but is it really all that cool? How is the quality of imported video, TV, etc...?

Most reviews rate the card as, "Look what it can do! Now, back to the benchmarks..." They don't talk much about quality of video, TV, or any of that. Anybody got any firsthand experience on this?

Thanks.

--Illah

I'd get a 9800np and oc to 9800pro speeds and buy a separate tv-card for like $50. cause if you got a AIW and wanted to upgrade your card later in the future, you'd lose the AIW features

Back