• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

• Yes, I've recieved all my rebates

Votes: 633 50.7%
  • No, I am still waiting on my rebate check

Votes: 86 6.9%
  • It is mixed, some I have recieved and some I have not

Votes: 411 32.9%
  • I refuse to use Rebate offers

Votes: 118 9.5%

• Total voters
nealric said:
Just today I got a letter back on an epson one:

Thank you participating in our offer.
Unfortunatly you were missing the following:

Missing information

Please a copy of this email to the follwing adress with the requested information.

:mad:

Thanks for the help :rolleyes: I will now use my psychic powers to determine what it is you want from me.

That's a lame letter. Thats another thing that sways me from rebates. How much was the rebate for?

Attach a almanac and send it back. lol

Seems I got all the high dollar ones back, But stuff like CD-R rebates... lucky to get 50% of them back.

I have gotten all of mine back and I have submitted a lot of rebates. A couple of times I had to call or email in order to get my rebate check.

I scan all of the completed rebate forms and UPC codes before I mail them in. This way if there is any problem, I have a copy of everything I mailed in.

I also keep a list of all of the rebates (including what it was for, the date I mailed it in, and the amount). That way I can keep track of all of them. When I receive the rebate check, I mark that rebate as being paid.

Gotten all of mine back.. for WD HDDs and RAM and whatnot, as well as software. but I ahve been on the recieving end of many ****ed customers who'se rebates weren't offered (not that I can do anything about it...or if its my fault to begin with :D ). from company's like Cricket, Sony, and Toshiba. Though it did take about 1-2 months for the rebates to come, but they still did. And I also copy and record everything I send.

I usually forget to send it in on time as well, or lose it too. But I did send one in for a Samsung CD-RW drive, and actually got it back within a reasonable time frame too! $30 MIR I believe it was.

i just got my 80 dollar rebate on my 160 gig back a few days ago. that's the first one i've done on my own, so i guess i've gotten them all back :D

I've recieved all but one of about ten I've sent in. Best buy has always been fastest. About three weeks usually. PNY is fantastic because they email you when they recieve the form and give you a link tha'll tell you when they mail out your check. I believe it was digital research that shafted me out of a 20$ rebate on a cdrw.

I purchased a Creative Sound Aud. II from Newegg with the $30 rebate. After 3 months I called and asked what was up with the rebate? They said they just approved my $10 Web Cam rebate. WTF? I didn't buy a web cam I bought a SA II. Long story short, 1 month later, many phone calls, they finally approved the $30. Now they say it must be "Processed again". 5-8 weeks. Just LOVE those rebates.

I've received all my rebates... (when i send em in.. which is like never) :x takes a while.. had to call once and they didn't give me any trouble...

Usually recieve them but it takes forever. every once in awhile i wont get them back. but 90% i get them

Mixed. I've recieved some, but some they have given some BS reason and it's too much work to fight for, as they were little rebates.

I generally try to avoid them, and the one time I didn't the MIR was returned to me saying I was too late, even though I sent it in 3 weeks before the deadline. Either I got the shaft from USPS or Samsung, I'm not sure which....So now I pay no attention to MIRs.

i think that i have received all my rebates back...one time I received a letter saying that my rebate application was incomplete and they sent back the same stuff that I sent them and it was all there. I wrote a nasty letter back and resubmitted and they gave me double the cash. I received 2 $15 dollar rebates instead of one so I made extra money on the deal.

Back