• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

• Yes, I've recieved all my rebates

Votes: 633 50.7%
  • No, I am still waiting on my rebate check

Votes: 86 6.9%
  • It is mixed, some I have recieved and some I have not

Votes: 411 32.9%
  • I refuse to use Rebate offers

Votes: 118 9.5%

• Total voters
I just turned 3 MIRs in just about 1 month through Express Group. The rebates were all mailed seperate and processed seperate, but they were for the same item.

Anyway, I got email confirmation today that the checks have been mailed.

I usually avoid them, because it has been mixed. Got bunch back from Staples on black friday stuff. But got stuck by Tiger Direct on a CD-r drive. Ordered the drive, went to get the rebate off the site and it had been taken of( it was a few weeks before the "offer" expired). I've also been stuck because I gave company the wrong proof of purchase out of like 50 the product had.

When I bought my hard drive it had 2 main in rebates, a $40 one from Western Digital, and a $20 one from Circuit City. Got my WD one fine, never saw the CC one =(.

There are certain companies that I have had great luck with and some that I will never buy from again. Circuit City is horrible with them. I lost a $250 rebate on a laptop from them. Never again. Otherwise, I have recieved all of the rebates that I have ever sent in, even the little piddly ones. I think my smallest was $2 on some CD-R Markers. :D

Well, I once had to fight for a cingular cell phone rebate, eventually getting that (4 months after the purchase)... NOW I just got back a card from rebateshq disqualifying my BenQ 17" LCD rebate for failure to have it post-marked by the right time (which is rediculous)...

So, I learn as others have to NEVER use a rebate purchase again... once bitten twice shy.

Wish I could take my poll answer back now...

Unfortunately, and I realized this a long time ago, there's very little to stop companies from rejecting any and all rebates, they could simple SAY you forgot this or that and disqualify it... their only motivation is to keep the few people who are sending them in good enough graces so they don't go around like I will for the rest of my life complaining about how lousy rebates are...

Never use them. Primary reasons being I don't have the time or inclination to remember to send it in or to scrutinize each piece of junk-like mail for the next several months :rolleyes: Besides which I'm not particularly fond of the idea of my overpayment/loan going towards some corporation's short-term interest endeavours :D They can get their charity elsewhere.

since the question was asked, i will answer...... i have recieved all my rebates, except one.

this one i didn't recieve was through visiontek. a while back, i was browsing their site, and i saw a link to a website that carried their products, so...i clicked the link...it was a link to ubid.com.

i purchased the video card from them, and mailed in the original reciept, and all info...as i always do when using rebates. visiontek then sent me an e-mail almost 3 months later telling me it was rejected due to a falsified or altered reciept. in short, they claimed the reciept wasn't a valid one.....my brother also ordered the same video card, and was screwed by visiontek the same way.

it's sad...they wouldn't even give me the time of day when i asked for a reason. this was a video card purchsed from a retailer they reccomended, and therefore, they had more than enough opportunity to verify the reciepts, or the sales through ubid. i also do not reccomend ubid , as their customer service is the worst, and so is there quality of items.....i have sent back half the items i ordered from them in the past, as they seem to ship junk, and non working units....i also believe they sold us seconds, or refurbished cards as new.....something didn't sit well, because visiontek rejectes all their reciepts......go figure

all in all, i will never buy from visiontek, or ubid ever again....

i always get my rebates from best buy. i thought i would add that to this rant...he he he ;)

You guys remember the big Logitech KB/mouse giveaway a while back?? the one where you had to keep hitting F5 (refresh) over and over trying to win?

If you didn't, you got a coupon/rebate (you had to print it out at the time) for 20% off any Logitech product. I bought my Mx700 shortly thereafter, and used that coupon/rebate form...

Just got the rebate today.... $11.99 :D YAY!! ;)

Just an update on my rebates. Finally got my Khypermedia one the other day. Only took 3 months for that one. All of my Maxtors have come in except the one for the 160GB I bought last week but it will be out shortly. Also the $100 rebate on my laptop was received by HP/Compaq two weeks ago and according to their website will be issued in 4~6 weeks. So I now have $140 in rebates waiting to be delivered.

Staples rebate

It's official. I received my rebate check from staples for my purchase of Maxtor 160GB drive. It took about 5-6 weeks total. Needless to say im very pleased. Now i have $$ to put towards my Raptor RAID0 fund!!

Re: Staples rebate

gruvin2 said:
It's official. I received my rebate check from staples for my purchase of Maxtor 160GB drive. It took about 5-6 weeks total. Needless to say im very pleased. Now i have $$ to put towards my Raptor RAID0 fund!!

I've gotta get mine in the mail..... :rolleyes: Meant to get that ready to go last night, but got sidetracked, as usual...

hmm.....i noticed this thread just wouldn't die, so I just decided to toss in my 2 cents....

From best buy, I've always got my rebates back. Other places I'm not so trusting. I did one at Office Max, and never saw it....but oddly I did one recently and I got it back.....so I'm 50/50 for office max, heh.

Gotta say tho, Best Buy does have some good deals when you get a rebate......but not so much anymore. So I guess I should say they USED to have some good deals after rebates. Now they rip you off with or without rebates, lol.

I had a rebate from pinnacle systems for a video capture card. It was at least 3 months and I still hadn’t received my rebate yet so I decided to email them about it. I think it might have just been coincidence but the rebate arrived 1 week later.:D

Back