• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

• Yes, I've recieved all my rebates

Votes: 633 50.7%
  • No, I am still waiting on my rebate check

Votes: 86 6.9%
  • It is mixed, some I have recieved and some I have not

Votes: 411 32.9%
  • I refuse to use Rebate offers

Votes: 118 9.5%

• Total voters
I have gotten all the rebates I have ever sent in. However, I refuse to use them now. I think they should just lower the darn price if thier going to do it. Why annoy the customer with form's and BS.

There's not a spot for my anwer--I have gotten most of my rebate checks--I'd say more than 95%. I ALWAYS get them when they're high $$ ones, like $50-100. It's the little piddlers that I cut bait on.

Good poll topic Sam!

my mom didnt trust rebates at all but my uncle said they work so i got some comp stuff and got all rebates back. if you dont get one by the deadlin though you should write them and they sen you another one. i guess you could cheat them that way but, DONT CHEAT THEM!!

I put in mixed cause i receive most of mine, and maybe have not gotten like 2 or 3...maybe they got lost on the mailroom floor or something. This is out of probably 25 or 30 rebates i have sent in

cursor said:
There's not a spot for my anwer--I have gotten most of my rebate checks--I'd say more than 95%. I ALWAYS get them when they're high $$ ones, like $50-100. It's the little piddlers that I cut bait on.

Good poll topic Sam!

That's option #3 It is mixed, some I have recieved and some I have not :rolleyes: :cool: ;)

I voted I recieved them all but I remember one $30 WD rebate I never recieved, but I am pretty sure it's due to not paying attention to my mail.

Yup, got them all so far...the only thing I hate about them is that they take way toooooo long....snail mail is not good...they should implement a system where they keep track of receipts of their products, then when you ask for a rebate, they send the check, or if you paid with a credit card or something, they credit you money. That way it'll be faster. Also, if you return the product, they'll know, and take the money back from your card, or if they sent you a check, they'll bring Big Joe Bob to clober you upside the head and take the money back. Great idea if I say so myself. :D

i usually have better luck shooting craps then i do with MIR's...... MIR's are a gamble to me as i normally only get 35-40% of them. the companys always try to weasel out on me, i fight for the big ones but the small ones just aren't worth the time (and they know it too).

I have had one or two get lost or been declared late, but I have always been able to find someone to complain to and get the matter resolved in my favor.

My answer is a combination of #s 2 and 4. :)

I have never received one yet:
In the past I filled out and sent in many MIR forms and never received a thing.
Probably about ten years ago, I gave up on them.
Perhaps once every two or three years since I will try one again- when I happen to be buying something that has one and still has a decent price.
Never gotten one of them either.

Obviously, I now completely ignore any stated MIR as part of the price- I consider them to be fictional writing :D

About 3 years ago I bought a HP scanner from Staples with MIR. It took 18 weeks for me to get it. After that I never bought another item with a MIR again. I can see waiting 4-6 weeks. But more than that is rediculous. Most companies probably figure most people will never send them in anyways.

Well , Ive been pretty lucky with getting 99% my rebates back .

Still awaiting right now on my last 2 ( Verbatim/Lite-on 52X burners) rebates .

Ive received over $500 back in rebates just in the last 3-4 months :D :D :D
($350 of that just in rebates on one system build)

stereo555

Back