• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Home Network Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

altec

polka dot ninja
My friend is having a problem with the network he is trying to set up in his house. He has 3 computers hooked up to a hub, with his being the server...but for some reason one of the computers is asking for a password to access the server. The other computer does not need this password, and there is no password set on the server. Not one to get into the OS or anything. This has me perplexed...and we cannot seem to work the problem out. Please help us!

well it could be a password to the admin account, but i am wondering what operating systems are being ran on these computers...

All of the computers are running Win2k. He has tried all of the passwords that are on both the server and the one that is having trouble accessing the server. He says that he has never set an Admin password. I am really at a loss here guys, help me out.

Did you try just hitting enter with no password?

-Bobby

Edit: What you should do is set up a user account for each user/computer on the server, then it should authenticate fine.

Well then Jenova, is there a fix for the problem? It is only happening between two of the computers, not all three.

I gave my friend a link to this thread so that he can check it as he wants, and he e-mailed me this:

By the way I can't log onto the comp at all, not just the server. And it won't let me click cancel which i've never seen before.

IF that helps you guys to clear up what the problem really is...please help me and him to figure this out!

He can't log into the computer that's trying to log into the server? That would be a problem, don't ya think?

-Bobby

I am tryin to help him through e-mail. I am just relaying information that he is giving me.

Back