• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking My Duron 800 to 1Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhatCat690

I am trying to push my Duron 800 to 1Ghz. By adjusting the FSB on my board I have achieved 848 Mhz. I think that I have to get another board but I am not sure. I have the BCMKT133 board from http://www.bcmcom.com
Can anyone recommend a board that will give me great results with overclocking to 1Ghz without having to modify the processor or motherboard ?

My Bios is limited to me only adjusting the FSB. The highest that I am able to get is 848 without the computer locking up. The heat with the stock heatsink/fan and the case fan is about 109-112 F. Is that too hot ?..... I think that it is too hot and am thinking about a watercooling solution. I have found one for about 165.00 with a couple accessories that fits inside the case. I am thinking about getting the ASUS mobo with the onboard RAID. I am confident that with the cooler and new mobo I will see 1Ghz with no problem and danger to the cpu.

If you are using the KT-133 chipset then the highest you will likely see is about 115 MHZ fsb. It's better to unlock the proc and use a combo of mult and fsb adjustments. You should see a gig with few probs if the cooling is ok. :)

The board you have right now should work fine. If you dont want to mod the proceessor, then you are limited to just FSB changing.

uuh..do u want to overclock without unlocking the multiplier? if so...you should either get an asus a7v133 or an abit w/ raid board...either is great for overclocking...

Back