• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Zalmanheatpipe installation on sapphire 9800pro 256

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4me2p00pOn

Anyone done this yet. Im looking for a step by step if anyone has a link OR if they;ve done it themselves and wouldnt mind explaining what I need to do as a GPU modding/cooling n00b. Thanks

Welcome to the forums, Triumph.
While I haven't installed the zalman heatpipe, I did happen to come across a nice set of instructions for you here.

I installed it on my 9500, and basically you use the smaller set of frontside and backside "blocks".

Then, in the front of the manual that coems with it there should be a little thing that shows it spaced out how it would go together, just follow that.

I should be back on in a bit, if yo need any more help.

Thanks. My main concern was that there was some sort of funky installation method because is was either sapphire, a 9800pro 256, or some other reason. Thanks again.

You'll also need to use a fan blowing over the Zalman heatsinks, if attaching it to the 9800 Pro, well that's what Zalman suggests!

4me2p00pOn said:
Anyone done this yet. Im looking for a step by step if anyone has a link OR if they;ve done it themselves and wouldnt mind explaining what I need to do as a GPU modding/cooling n00b. Thanks

wttf.JPG

I dont have any links sorry. id follow the link that mustanly gave you but unfortunatly it wont install flash or whatever needs to be installed for that websight so i cant comment on it :(

I just finish installing the Zalman onto my 9500np (red pcb, L-shape mem) softmod to 9700 (345/310). Just followed the instruction that came with the package, you should be fine. If you have any RAMSINK installed, just have to make sure the RAM sink that it is less than 20mm high. I am using the Coolermater copper RAMSINK.

It really dissipated heat well, so make sure your case has good amount of cooling.

Going to try to oc to 380/325 after the AS3 settle in properly(200hrs)

Cheers.

Back