• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fush Zero - Comments / Questions go here (Modem Beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fushyuguru

Fush Zero - A Pictoral Journal of a Complete System Mod (Modem Beware)

Welcome to the "Old Thread".
This is where you cant post your Questions/Comments about Fush Zero.

To view the new *sticky* thread go here:Fush Zero - Project Log

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi OCers Forum. I'm sure you've seen me around, seen some of my work, heard some of my ***'ishness. Well, recently my house was struck by lightning. Luckily my server and several other boxes were offline, though my main computer was hit and toasted. After a short period of grievance, I picked up the shattered remains of my Beloved Tokyo-Fush, and threw him in the garbage.

Being the person that I am, I see this as an opourtunity. To spend some cash, and avoid all the mistakes encountered with my last system build. After some initial brainstorming I came up with the following ideas, read here.

What I present to you, is a step by step , day by day pictoral journal of the progress of my new main computer workhorse, Fush ZERO . I will attempt to keep as up to date as possible, keep the pictures as relevant and quick loading as humanly possible. Any and all input along the way will be greatly appreciated. I would love to get crtiques and feedback throughout the entire modding, design, building and overclocking process.

I hope you enjoy this, as it will be almost as involved as the build itself. :D The posts will start tonight, I have many pictures already, so I will be playing catchup for the next few days.

Last edited:
The Case. A closeup look.

Note: As I am writing these posts, I am still ordering and deciding on parts. So the order of the mods and construction will follow what parts I have and what design aspects I have finished in my mind. Suggestions always welcome.

For the main case, I chose a variant of the ever popular Lian Li PC65. This particular case is the PC6085. It's my first Lian Li case, let me say, I'm very impressed. Meticulous quality, and functionality out the ying yang.

1.jpg

At first glance you can see the resemblance to the PC60, and those sweet light strips.

So lets get a closer look. This may be repetetive to some of you Lian Li owners, but its my first and I'm liking it.

2.jpg
3.jpg

Closeups of the power buttons and LEDs. Also a shot of the intake and USB 2.0 ports.

5.jpg

I ended up grabing one of those new stealth drive covers from Lian Li. Its a neatly engineered piece. No modding of the drives needed... damn, no fun in that.

6.jpg

Only blemish I could find are some little white streaks around some machined edges. Anyone else ever seen these marks?

Next installment well pop her open and maybe do some re-engineering of the guts. :D

Last edited:
The GUTS. Part I - First Casualty

QUESTION: Does anyone know where I can find a transparent side panel for this case? Every vendor Ive contacted is out of stock. I would love to have one soon.

7.jpg

After popping the case open and reviewing some part layouts in my mind, I found the first piece that just couldnt go unscathed in this operation...

9.jpg

That dang 3 1/4 drive cage was just taking up too much room. It had to go. Meanwhile its larger counterpart on the floor of the front of the case was eyeing me up the wrong way, Ill deal with him later...

I believe this is a good job for my brand new 5hp Dremel Tool. Whats better to de-virginize a new rotary tool on than a $130 case.
10.jpg
11.jpg

13.jpg

Like Butter!

15.jpg

My new Stout -- stubby little 3 1/4 drive cage. That'll teach him.

In Part II, I'll take care of the cages bigger brother, then show you why I made this one stumpy.

Lattas!

Last edited:
Re: Re: The GUTS. Part I - First Casualty

SkaGoatMaster said:

You make using a rotary tool sound so dirty....

Haha. I'm not sure how to take that. But I guess I set myself up for it. keep checking back, I have alot of stuff to post. I just went spending for I hope the rest of the parts for the computer itself.

Afriad I dont, but that sounds like a big job if you are going to enlist water-cutting. Care to give a hint as to what you are planning?

Mico said:
Afriad I dont, but that sounds like a big job if you are going to enlist water-cutting. Care to give a hint as to what you are planning?

If you read the thread I linked to above, you should know that I plan on transplanting a Prometeia into a custom built acrylic and aluminum case. The problem Has been how the hell Im going to tie both cases together so It doesnt look patchwork. Im thinking about getting custom windows cut in both sides of the Lian Li. Give it an open feel to match the Acrylic case. Then with scrap Lian Li aluminum have the face of the Prommie cut which I was origionally going to do by hand.

Ok, dont wanna give away too many secrets. This will be a cool project, I assure you. I like to take stock items and make them my own, Its challenging on a case like this one.

And I think his name is Lightning Something.

This is a bit out of line but if your in maryland there , you did NOT buy that glass in one of those pics from the frederick / gaithersburg Costco... lol cuz I have that exact same set of glasses :p lookin good BTW!

Ah. That should be an interesting mod, with the acrylic and such. I can't find the supposed link above, sorry.

THE GUTS: Part II - Big Bro' goes down

Okie Dokie. I gotta post alot of pictures tonight. Im about a day or two ahead of what Ive posted. I'm sure you guys wont mind more pictures.

Soooo, first off. Why did I chop that drive cage? Easy answer.

16.jpg

Sweet and Snug.

If you don't know already. theres gonna be a water cooler in this box. I know, big deal. Though I'm only cooling the Northbridge and GPU with H2o.

Next off. That drive cages big brother had beef with me last night. That leaves only one thing to do. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

World of Hurt.

Now why did I just do that? Needed space for this little bugger.
21.jpg

"Im a Resevior!"

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
THE GUTS: Part III - Needs more holes.

Some of you may have noticed I left out something....

Gotta mount that pump. Its an Eheim 1048 pump. Not the most powerful in the world, but its low heat output and compact for its capacity. Ok time to mount!

This is an easy mod.

22.jpg

MEASURE THREE TIMES! I always mess up.

23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg

All warm and cozy in its new occupied territory.

If you notice, the bolts are kind of long. I left room so I can squeeze some rubber bushings in there to reduce vibrations. These guys can hum if youre not carefull.

I'll be back with more pics!

Last edited:
MY FLEETING BANK ACOUNT: Part I - Raw power! And some other stuff...

I'd like to keep you guys up to date with all the sweet, practical, extravagant, stupid, useless, excessive or custom parts I'm going to be spending some hard earned money on.

Its like shopping! But not with your money!!!!!

Ok, to start off with, yesterday I got a big shipment of random parts in from my new favorite store: performance-pcs.com . I needed a power supply, my buddy suggested them, so I mosied on over to their store. Heres what I got:

27.jpg
28.jpg

Its an Antec True Power 550 Watt. Though theres a neat catch...

29.jpg

It's been moded with fully detachable and sleaved cables. You know those pesky extra molex connectors? Lop em off! Though now they just snap back on. Less clutter, and should be much easier to cleanly wire up the case. Also, the extras can be used as molex extensions. I applaud these guys!

... I also bought a few other things...

30.jpg
31.jpg

Yeap. Thats all UV reactive stuff. Misc cables and fans. You can probably figure out the color scheme by now. Oh, and don't worry, Im not making a CRAZY RAVE box. It will be tastefull, and pretty sweet. If I was just slapping some UV stuff in a case, you wouldnt be reading this. I promise some cool mods.

One thing I loved was some of the sleaving tricks these guys at performance-pcs did. Sometimes the sleaving and heatshrink can slide around if not tight around the wires. No problem for those guys, inovate.

32.jpg

Stick a zip tie under the heatshrink. Why didnt I do this before? Take it from the experts.

K, stay tuned guys, and I hope youre enjoying my pics and ranting! I know I'm getting a kick out of it...

Last edited:
Back