• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 18.1 ultrasharp LCDs.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Are great......
Copy of IMG_0103.JPG

that's sweet man. I have the same monitor, and I love it. Perfect color, nice thin surround. I'd reccommend it to anyone too!

these are the 560's- the sattelites (spelling?) are hidden :-D

No apparent ghosting, running highest settings on a 4400- need my amd running to test it on a 9700pro....

The Spyder said:
these are the 560's- the sattelites (spelling?) are hidden :-D

Whoops, that's what I meant (the 540s are the 2.1 cheapies).

Yeah, I gots a 9700 and it's critical for playing games past 1024.

Spyder, you have to upgrade that desk and get rid of the
clutter now. :D

I wonder how many of the rest of you have great monitors
on crappy cluttered desks?
:D

LOL, I recently got myself the 1901FP from DELL. I get it in 3 days and it will unclutter my desk somewhat.

Currently I have a 15" TV, a printer, my cable modem with a router, my z560, mouse pad, keyboard, 17" CRT monitor on a desk that is smaller than the one pictured.

Tecumseh said:
I wonder how many of the rest of you have great monitors
on crappy cluttered desks?
:D

First, spyder's got a lot more to do than clean a lowly desk, don't ya bud! :D

Second, the 'clutter' phenomenon is often misunderstood by neat freaks and other obsessive compulsive serial killer types... My desk is very CLEAN (filth free) which would mean that each item on the desk is there for a reson... (or I just dust around them) ;)

desk.jpg

I should not have been reading this, got a wild hair and will have this monitor by Tuesday.

lol Stoopid I Just got the same exact keyboard and the same lcd monitor will be delivered to me next Wednesday :drool: :cool:

How does this thing do really for games like Battlefield 1942 and others? Also, how does it display darks? I ask because I LOVE the Thief series of games and alot of time is spent sneaking through dark places (I know the game is old, but tons of people make Thief missions just like HL maps and stuff) so performance in displaying darks is important as well as good normal game response. I almost bought a BenQ 767 the other day, but saw this thread today so thinking maybe this would be a nice one?

I should not have been reading this, got a wild hair and will have this monitor by Tuesday

I did the same thing, browsing these forums has cost me thousands of dollars over the years.

I wasn't going to do this until I saw the display on an office system we have here. Now I gotta find a place for my 19" Trinitron.

18" Dell Ultra Sharp 1800FP

Screen Size: 18.1" active matrix TFT LCD

Dimentions: 17" H x 16" W x 8.8" D

Optimal Resolution: 1280 x 1024 at 60Hz

Brightness: 250cd/m2

Contrast: 350:1

Response Time: 30ms

Connectors: Digital/Analog

I got this out the August Issue Dell Catalog.

Back