• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ummm Oh my god!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

68fastback

Disabled
I have a digital camara, the USB chord got cut, i tried splicing it...no luck.

Ok, i'll go the their website and order a new one

I spent $80 on the camara...the USB chord is half the price.

what am i missing here?

$44! https://emporium.olympus.com/innards/empProdDetails.asp?sku=200776-410

I'd be better off buying a flash memory reader for my PC...

Talk about squeezing the balls of the consumer.

Anyone know where i can get one from other then olympus? i'd think they are a fairly standard thing...maybe i'm wrong though.

Wow a $44 USB cable... Whoda thunk it? Is it coated in 24k gold? :rolleyes:

That $2 cable shoud work just fine.

I'm just not sure if there is some built in hardware/software in the end of that stock cable...i guess i'm really not sure whats in those things anyways?

I ordered the $2 one, hopefully it'll work.

just get the cf card reader its so much faster anyway

it also lets you use the cf card like a little hdd so you can move files around and stuff

stompah said:
Do you have a USB printer? Isnt the cable the same?

Thats a good idea, i'll go give it a try.

Also if i just get a card reader then i'm loosing the 8mb of storage on my camara...not too big a deal, but niether is a $2 cable

The usb cable from newegg that is $2 is an A to B cable. The one for your camera is Type A to a Mini B. Just get the flash card reader. You can find them for like $10.

AC Slater said:
The usb cable from newegg that is $2 is an A to B cable. The one for your camera is Type A to a Mini B. Just get the flash card reader. You can find them for like $10.

I ordered the "A to Mini B"...

Back