• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a step by step noob guide to installing WINDOWS 2000 Pro :|

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AaronP

as the title states:
I need a step by step noob guide to installing WINDOWS 2000 Pro :|. I need a noob guide that'll guide me step by step to installing it with the commmands I type to install it.

Last edited:
There is no command lines, just menu choices.

Put the CD in and browse it. Find all the doc and txt files and read them. That should tell everything you'll need to know.

We don't have any info on your hardware. You'll also need to go to the Microsoft site and check your system's compatiblity.

all my stuff is new, its basicallly the system in my sig cept it has a 80gb dm9
msi k7n2-l delta
52x24x52 liteon burner
and sapphire 9500
thats about it
oh and its using 2 sticks of pc3200 256 mb king max.
For some reason when I try to boot from CD, it needs me to insert a BOOT Disk and when I insert the boot disk, after its done declaring things it'll say my CD-ROm drive is D:\ and then I type "setup" and it says "this cannot be run in MS-DOS" :( any help from there on ? By the way, i changed it to boot from cd 1st, then hdd0 2nd, then floppy 3rd.

well, if it won't boot off the win2k cd then you can create win2k boot disks from the cd.

d:\bootdisk\makeboot.exe a:

there is the path for the command.

Just change directories to the bootdisk dir and run the makeboot command. You'll create 4 diskettes that you can use to boot your computer and install win2k.

D:
cd\bootdisk
makeboot A:

those are the commands

Have fun

Back