• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

applying some soap on case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

OK i've been told that when your drilling stuff through your case and stuff, it'll make it easier to cut through. Is that true? If so, does it get really messy and hard to clean up after?

I've never heard of that, and if there was any water involved yeah it would get messy real fast. I would think lubricating your drill bit would serve the same purpose but without the messy cleanup.

if you let the soap dry you not going to have fun either scratching it off, or rubbing it off.

i doubt it would work but i like to use painting tape where im going to drill to prevent scratching. from shavings or slding.

Using lubricants does help when drilling/tapping/etc...

Usually you would use cutting oil or cutting wax, but soap might do the trick as well.

I know running water is used in some drill/cut operations to reduce heat buildup, and lubricants are often applied to scres and such before use. I don't think that solid soap would do much, and liquid soap may just make a mess. Soap isn't going to make using the same tool incredibly easier.

Back