• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal Compound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avo

Registered
Hi ;
I would like to thank everyone for all the valuable input I have gleaned. I have a proposition for some of you.
I am able to get. I have access to a supposed high quality thermal compound we use at work. I would like to know how it stacks up against other stuff. some of you scientific types might be interested in testing it. It works great for me. I have an AMD 800 with Asus A7V& over clocked to 950( because I only have pc 100 memory). Temps are 102 Degrees Farenheit at roc, 77 farenheit on mother. If any one wants to test this stuff get a hold of me and I will forward you a sample for a $1.00 to cover shipping. I don't have the time or patience to test this like some of you would . If interested e mail me and by all means post the results. thanks

shipping one dollar, special price for you!

Hi,

great offer Avo, can you tell us some more details about what it is made from and wether it conducts electricity? Since I've already got arctic silver I think I'm cool enough. But testing your stuff could reveal some very good results indeed! But, ehh.. I live in the Netherlands, are you SURE you will ship that for 1$ US? LOL

For 4$ US you can get a small cardboard container type thing that ships internationally regardless of weight. Global priority i think does it for 4$ internationally.

FYI It is a silicone compound kind of clear looking. the conductivity of it electrically is 0 which is great so you would not short any thing out. If it is over seas I would charge actual postage

avo (Mar 11, 2001 02:37 p.m.):
FYI It is a silicone compound kind of clear looking. the conductivity of it electrically is 0 ohms, which is great so you would not short any thing out. If it is over seas I would charge actual postage

If conductivity is "0 Ohms" it means that it has no electrical resistance, and would conduct like hell. I think you meant that conductivity is "0" ;-)

Back