• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some help on finding a good case please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hatkeeper

Disabled
Hi, I am planning to upgrade my ram(to PC4000) and cpu (to Barton) pretty soon, but temperature is going to be a problem (I have a small tower). So I am going assemble a watercooling system and upgrade to a mid tower case at the same time. Any suggestions for cases that allows good airflow (without many fans), solid construction, nice look and price around $120. I see a lot of cases from Kingwin, LianLi, Chenming but I dunno which one to pick and.

With the new setup, I hope to hit 250fsb with 1:1 memory timing perfectly stable. I guess if I cool my NB properly I'll have a good chance. Any more suggestions about that too :)

I really like the chemning/cheiftec/antec cases that alienware used to use. I am on my second one, I dont watercool though. They have a ton of space and are easy to mod.

im not sure if the sonata is a midtower but i love my Antec sonata. THe antec 1080amg is also a sweet *** case, check it out.

Edit: Remember ppl can only reccomend you gotta make the decision in the end. personally go buy what suits your needs cases can always be moded to suit you :D

Lian Li cases are good however you can get a cheep nasty case and make it what you want like my dream case is a heaps old server tower and modded to the max so its your choice if you want a good tower antech is the way to go

BioNiKaL said:
Lian Li cases are good however you can get a cheep nasty case and make it what you want like my dream case is a heaps old server tower and modded to the max so its your choice if you want a good tower antech is the way to go
This is exactly right, because you can mod it to suit you. When you buy premoded cases there are some things you may not like and you can run into the scenario where you wish you did it lol

Another option is the Chenbro SR-104 entry level server case. Great for airflow and has the HDD area up and away from the boards and stuff to help keep the heat down there (has an exhaust fan for the HDD rack as well). Lots of room for watercooling too. Comes in black or beige. Works well for me!

Back