• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT BIOS BEEP CODES

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this would have help out two days ago when after installing a new zalman cooler on my graphics card and setting up some wires I came one with "beeps" #1 and #10 and yes was one of the dimms that slightly off, took about one hour to figure it out (I almost disassembled my case to check since I tought that was a bad cable connection or that I had chiped my gpu when installing the cooler)

now when I can I will print this one out (was used to my epox 88 debug leds)

I had a power outtage last night which claimed my comp...I have a two-tone siren on power-up. I have checked the HDD, RAM, and video card in another comp and they work fine. I can only assume that the two-tone siren is telling me my cpu or motherboard is toast...although the cpu does get hot on boot without the HS, so this may be an indication that it is still operational. Either way, I just wanted to add another possible meaning to the siren beep...:(

I have often had the same thing happen, (siren goes off). For me opening up the Uguru hardware monitor usually fixes it.

P-Trainenator said:
I have often had the same thing happen, (siren goes off). For me opening up the Uguru hardware monitor usually fixes it.
I'd the same problem b/c I didn't have a CPU fan hooked up (on water cooling). I went into the BIOS and had to turn off the beep, and wallah. :)

Nothing special to know about the Abit AN-M2 ?
Cause i'll receive this mobo monday or thuesday.

I've got an ABIT KN8-Ultra motherboard, and recently I changed PSU to a Corsair HX-530. Now I get 1 short low-pitched, and then 1 long high-pitched beep during POST, then the computer boots. I've checked the manual and several sites with no success as to what this means, could it be the same thing as the two-tone siren described in the original post?

Computer runs fine otherwise.

I've got an ABIT KN8-Ultra motherboard, and recently I changed PSU to a Corsair HX-530. Now I get 1 short low-pitched, and then 1 long high-pitched beep during POST, then the computer boots. I've checked the manual and several sites with no success as to what this means, could it be the same thing as the two-tone siren described in the original post?

Computer runs fine otherwise.

Does the CPU header have a fan plugged into it? I remember my QuadGT gave me problems like that.

UPDATE: The boo-beeeeep sound I got apparently was because I had turned on the "Power Down when CPU FAN fail" option. I turned it off, and now I get the regular beep.

So, 1 short low and 1 long high means that the Power Down at FAN FAIL option is enabled in the PC Health Status section of the BIOS.

Last edited:
Abit motherboard

Hi,

I have an Alienware computer with an ABIT MB and a 3.73 extreme processor. Yesterday I came home from work, and it was beeping like it was overheating. I turned it off, and when I turn it back on it just gives that same two tone beep. I opened the side and watched the post after turning it on and it stops on C0. Can anyone help me? Please tell me I didnt burn up my processor because those are still very expensive.

Hello,

I hope someone is still haunting this thread. Just bought second-hand components to build a q6600/p35 build. The Board is an Abit ip35 (not pro).

I rigged everything up, but am now getting one low beep then one high beep, then pc turns off. Sometimes, no beep then turns off, then turns on again and, as before, one low beep then one high beep (not a repeated siren).

Any ideas?

Abit AV8, my current BIOS is AV8_17, I did flash to AV8_26 but all PS2 support was lost, I had to flash back to AV8_17 :(

Ok, I'm still not sure what caused my low beep, high beep problem, but a cmos reset solved it. I had the board second-hand. Maybe he oc'd and had values in it my hardware cant cope with.

Hey, I just pulled my desktop out of storage and I'm getting a 21error code beep. Can you tell me what this means?

For those who are using the GA-970A-D3P and GA-970A-D3SP looking for stable overclocking; I have found a stable clock speed.

My test using an 8370 Black allows me to go from a 20.0x multiplier to 21.5x for 4.3GHZ total stable. You could possible get a tiny bit out of lower end processors. 200-250MHZ jump with liquid cooling is recommended.

This can be achieved by simply using AMD OverDrive by disabling Turbo mode and moving from CPU Core 0 Multiplier to 21.5x. This allowed me to maintain 4.319Ghz.

One caveat is to only do so using AMD OverDrive. Realistically this may not be ideal after reboot as you need to set this each time you restart, however it is safer and more stable.

keep in mind, no beep at all might mean you didnt connect the speaker header correctly. :p[/QUOTE
I no this post is old but I have a abit il 9 pro v1.0 that was working fine till i moved I use this board to run older pc games that the new windows os wont run . my question is all of a sudden i have no video at all . I have changed the vid card to a knowen working one but still nothing .went thru a full trouble shooting ...IE >>ram power supply and cleared the bios . Everything has come out working . You guys posted a beep code for this board but I have never had any kind of beeps at all from this board . the quote i put got me at a disadvantage I found the connector for this speaker but I have nothing connected to it .What speaker am i to hook to it ??

s-l300.jpg

Board suffers from bad caps syndrome.
It was coincidence that it quit after the move.

Back