• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 np bad benchmark results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skydiver39

I just ran the benchmark on 3dMark 03 with patch.
I am sorely dissapointed.
1735.... was it.
Proxycon (think that is how it was spelt) I got 2-6 FPS...\What the blank... 299.00 USD? I did better marks wiht the Ultra GEFX 5200 Ultra (3525)

Make sure anti-aliasing and anistrophic filtering are turned off for the test, they will lower the score. Some of the higher quality ATI presets turn them on. Check your ATI D3D display tab.

-Rav

Okay Rav.
Why is it necessary to turn them off though? I thought the point of dropping good money on a good vid card was not to sacrifice any settings? Not being a jerk, just wondering..

You will ALWAYS have lower score with AA and AF on. That is why your score seems low.
You dont have to turn them off in games. In fact, you shouldnt. But when people benchmark their video card, they turn the eye candy off to see the highest performance it is capable of. A good video card is capable of producing good frame rates with AA and AF on but it would produce even better fps without them. Thus the higher score without the eye candy. I hope this is clear.

Yes it does make snese and thank you. I am wondering if maybe I need to replace my processor though. Maybe get a 400 fsb amd I think i may be bottlenecking my processor but I am not enitrely sure.
I am in wrong area but, where is a good link to be able to try and do a lil ocing with this card if it is ocerble

You might also want to try the Omega Cat Drivers, which are tweaked versions of the official ATI drivers. It comes with an overclocking utility among other things. Some people report performance increases over the standard cats, but they are designed mainly for IQ and bug fixes.

-Rav

Rav said:
You might also want to try the Omega Cat Drivers, which are tweaked versions of the official ATI drivers. It comes with an overclocking utility among other things. Some people report performance increases over the standard cats, but they are designed mainly for IQ and bug fixes.

-Rav

The overclocking utility Omega uses is Radclocker;)

Back