• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Temps with Swiftech

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GtiTurbo

I recently purchased the Swiftech 22500 Watercooling kit. Yeah yeah I know I should have built my own but I don't have time to research all that stuff. This is the kit with the large radiator that fits 2 120mm fans next to one another one it. I am also using a Swiftech GPU block. The setup is as follows: pump - radiator - cpu - gpu - pump. The fans on the radiator are sucking air through the radiator into the case. My system temp at idle is 37C and my CPU temp at idle is 40C. I was getting these temps with aircooling. There was no decrease in temps at all. This is on a XP1900 not overclocked yet. What could be the problem here? I am thinking of purchasing a new case today, an antec most likely. As all of this is crammed into a small Lian Li and its impossible to work in now. Please help. Ambient is around 70F. Thanks.

I would have to tell you the same thing they told me try and reseat your waterblock. In my system I'm using the MCW462, Eheim 1250 and a 86 Chevette HC with 120mm 131CFM at 7volts. My idle temps are anywhere between 34 to 40 and a load temp of 40 to 43C.

I have to agree, reseat that block and it will help. Also where did you mount the radiator, is fresh air coming in or are you blowing hot case air on it? I ask because if I remember right they show mounting it on the back of the case so the exhaust fans were blowing on it.

Yeah they show it on the back of the case. I'd like to see a case that can fit 2 120mm over one another on the back. I don't think it exists. The only option I had was mounting it on the side of my case. Kicking myself now because I can only move the side a few inches to work in the case. Thats why im getting a bigger case today. And I have fresh air blowing through the rad. The rad is on the outside of the panel, the fans are on the inside as intake fans. I wish I could figure out a better way to mount the rad. Any ideas?

The Swifttech MCW5000A block has weak springs. They won't give a good contact pressure. I have to put thicker washers on top of the springs. Besides the clamps do not give even pessure on the CPU die when both screws are equally loosen. You may need to adjust each screw to get different spring load on each side to get the even contact pressure on the CPU die.

I have the Swift Q-Power. I would change to Pump, CPU, GPU, Rad, then to the Bleeder Valves back to the pump. At 1.85V I see 48C load with an amp of 26C.

Also remember that temp are usually taken with a diode under the CPU. With water no air is being forced under the CPU so measurement isn't very accurate.

The case that has duel 120mm fans on the back is the liteon FS-020. It's the same one as the swiftech w/c case you can buy from them with the kit installed already. It holds duel 120mm in the back and one 120mm in the lower front.

Heres a link

It's dog ugly and heavy as hell but I have seen some really nice mod jobs with it.

On to how you can mount your rad...I have seen this done with a large radiator before. Take it mount it on top of the case outside with fans blowing on it. That way it is in cool room temp air and has cool fresh air blowing on it all times.

Back