• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech Z-640 problem w/A7N8X Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nanidin

Ok, just got my Logitech Z-640's the other day and hooked them up. Does the A7N8X Deluxe support 6 channel sound? When I use the test tone button in the Nforce Control panel, all of the channels work fine except center which comes out so softly that you can barely hear it even with the center speaker cranked as high as it will go. Is this normal? Or should it sound like the other sattellites? Maybe I don't have the plugs right, which is why I thought the A7N8X Del. didn't support 6 channel. I put the orange plug into the orange, the black in the purple, and the green into the green. Have I done something wrong?

The A7N8X-DLX does support 6 channel sound either through digital or analog connections. I'm not sure about the Z-640's, but you should plug the cables into the specified connector on the mobo, which may not be the same color. There could be a center speaker volume control on the speakers themselves, or you can balance the volume w/ the sliders. The volume should be the same all around.

Do you have "matrix" on? It will take the sounds from the FL and FR speakers and mix it to the center channel.

Also, the black cable carries the signal for the rears so if you get no rear sound, then you plugged it in the wrong jack.

-Bobby

Ok, rear is fine, fronts are fine. Center makes noise in 4 channel when put into matrix mode. Center volume cranked on 6 channel yields very little sound. Maybe the center is in the wrong hole. I'm going to play with it later when I have more time.

There have been a few users that have reported getting these speakers and the center channel being DOA.

If you rears are working, then you might have a bad center speaker.

-Bobby

Arr. Center channel works when in matrix mode on 4 channel. I'll contact logitech tech support and ask them. RMA if needed.

under the speaker setup tab, make sure to try "create LFE channel" both enabled and disabled. Also be sure to uncheck "Create Center Channel", "Create Center Channel 3D Pan" and "Dolby Surround Encoding"

Back