• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Heatsink & Fan for 2.8C???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NCtramp

I just purchased a Abit IC7-G & 2.8C and need a heatsink & fan

Please help me pick one out:)

check the forums, the two most popular are teh SLK-900 with a 92mm fan that pushes 50-70CFMs or the Zalman 7000cu or alcu. i have the zalman and its quiet as hell and cools good. i don't think one is better then the other.

I'd say if you're pushing for a real high o/c, get the SLK-900U and a nice 92mm fan. If you're gonna overclock a bit, but run at stock mainly, or sloe to it, get the 7000cu cause it's real quiet and cools very well.

I like the 7000cu

I have both the 900slk and the 7000cu. I prefer the 7000cu as it cools alomost as well but its way quieter. I am running a 2.4c with 1.65vcore actual at 44c load. Its a wicked cooler.

musk

ya i'm 2.4C at 1.7v (3.3Ghz) and i'm 51c load. i don't think you'd have to worry about the temperatures with either. the slk900 may be a tiny bit better, but its more expensive. i'd gladly take either but choose the zalman because it came complete with fan and everything.

thanks for your replies

I ordered the SlK900U from www.case-mods.com for $36

all i need now is a good fan..I have a Mechantronics 80mm

should that be enough for a little o/c ???

get a 92mm for that. panaflo 50+ cfm's is quiet i've heard. try for a fan that pushes 50+ CFM's (92mm of course). and use artic silver 3 or artic silver ceramique

I personally Like the new vantec thermoflow, I'm a variable speed kinda guy, if you're gaming you crank that sucker up and keep the proc nice and cool and you can turn it down when all you're doing is just sitting around and chatting,

NoMeD said:
I personally Like the new vantec thermoflow, I'm a variable speed kinda guy, if you're gaming you crank that sucker up and keep the proc nice and cool and you can turn it down when all you're doing is just sitting around and chatting,

But the thing I don't like about them is that you actually have no manual control over the speed of the fans. That's why I much prefer getting a nice fan and also getting a fan controller, like a Vantec Nexus or something along those lines.

Hm.. yes, well if you're gonna just get a quiet fan, no need for the fan control, but I prefer a somewhat more powerful fan which you can adjust speeds. So that way, when you're fully o/ced, you can pump the fan speed and when you're running at a lower speed, you can also have quietness. So the best of both worlds.

Back