• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Colour change express!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedDeathDrinker

Senior Aircraftsman IRL
Got a tad bored the other day, so I painted my monitor, mouse and keyboard......

The keyboard and mouse match my case, which is black outside, yellow inside) , and the monitor is Ford Calypso Blue.

monitor.jpg

monitor1.jpg

keyboard.jpg

mouse.jpg

Those MS Intllimouses are pretty easy to disassemble, but popping each of the keys out of the keyboard was a PITA.......

u took apart the monitor by yourself? what precautions did you take in doing that?

-N- said:
u took apart the monitor by yourself? what precautions did you take in doing that?

Yup:) Be very careful!

There is a lot of charge stored in the internal gubbins of a monitor. Leave it off for a few hours before you start, and don't touch anything electrical inside.......

yea some of us have learned the hard way about the capacitors inside a monitor kinda of a hmm I wonder if their any voltage in this bbzzzzzt ow why you ********* so never touch any thing that looks like it could hold voltage

Looks good.

Sometimes you just need a good jump start. those capacitors work wonders ;)

Back