• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ax-7 vs slk-800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DEZMOND

I'm currently using a ax-7,do you guys think its worth it to upgrade to a slk-800 ?

It really depends. I think it will be very beneficial if your fan is 40+CFM or you're planning to upgrade the fan as well. I suggest the Smart Fan II along with the SLK-800.

Yes, i do think it worth it. Esp if you get the sf2 ^^^^^^ (i agree with nerdlogic)

I'm using a 80cfm delta rheostat controlled.At half speed i idle at 42 c .

It really does depend,

1) Do you have the money?

2) are the extra 5-10*c worth it?

3) Do you push you cpu a lot, to the max?

I'd say If you awnser yes to about two of those you will like the SLK-800 better.

I switched from a AX-7 to a SLK-800 when I bought a 1700+ T-Bred "b" core, It was a good move because I ran that little processor at a 1Ghz overclock (2.4GHz from 1.47GHz) and was pushing 110 Watts through it. The SLK-800 took all that heat like nothing :cool:

If temps are good and the noise level is ok I would say stick with what you've got.

I did not see a MASSIVE improvement with my SLK-800, although it was pretty good- 5 or 6c is never shabby :) (AX7 with 8000 rpm Delta and SLK with the LOUD Tornado ;))

If you are pretty sure your system could oc more with cooler temps then it might well be worth it, but it seems as though you are doing ok now...

Back