• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a 9600 Pro Play H2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

As the title ^^^ says. Will a 9600 Pro play H2 with good quality.... and AA on and stuff.

Halo2 or Half Life2 ?

If you're meaning hl2 ... it should depending on your cpu etc, because teh game scales itself down to the detail where you get some good performance.

But I dont' know about the whole AA thing to do with it... you're system would take a rather large performance hit because of it... if you have a decent cpu to back it up it should run fine.

Halo 2 is said to be extremely nice to older systems, so I have no doubt that your 9600 will run Halo 2 if that is what you're asking.

Ffats said:
Halo 2 is said to be extremely nice to older systems, so I have no doubt that your 9600 will run Halo 2 if that is what you're asking.

Halo 2 is not coming out to PC, as of yet. Halo 1 is coming out in a couple of months for the PC.

Anyway ¥Ê§ Half Life 2 and Halo 1 will run fine on a Radeon 9600, unless your CPU is under 1ghz and your memory is under 256mb.

Just incase you aren’t talking about Half Life 2 or Halo then here are the only other games I can imagine you are talking about

- Hitman 2, will run like budda
- Heretic II, will run like melted budda
- Hard Truck 2, will run just as smooth as above ^
- Heavy Gear II, same as above ^, budda
- Hidden and Dangerous 2, looks demanding but should run fine
- Homeworld 2, another game that looks demanding but you should be good.

So watered down the 9600 is a reliable card that is capable of running every game on the market. Maybe not with FSAA and AA turned on but with them off the FPS should be budda on any new release game, just as long as you have a decent CPU above 1ghz and 256+mb or ram

how many questions about cards and halflife 2 will we get?

it will run yes; maybe not at amazing graphical levels (but still very nice)

they wont destroy 70% of their market - it will work on GF2-Ti's most likely (seriously cutdown)

Yer the source engine is sposed to be scalable for a pIII 700-800 cpu and a 64mb gfx card (gf2 styles), so the 9600 should have no problem ^_^

sorry sorry, i meant Half Life 2
how many questions about cards and halflife 2 will we get?

well im sorry to disturb you.
This card should be the bottleneck of my system, I am just waiting for the next generation and i want to make sure i can still play HL2 while im waiting.

Back