• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What drivers Should i get for my Radeon???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boostin14PSI

I going to be reinstalling windows and i was wondering what the most stable drivers are for my radeon?? I have been using the lastest drivers from ati but others say they are not so good.

I've heard that the Catalyst drivers are the faster of the two (Cat and Omega)

I did pretty good with my Omega drivers, got 21400 in 3dmark01SE. These were the ones based off of the Cat 3.6's though and others have told me that the Cat's will be the quicker of the two.

Cats are a bit faster but omega's look tons better. Both are very stable, at least the 3.6's that just came out last week. Tested both with zero problems.

I use omega's and always will. Its worth it for my gameing experience..

Omega 3.5

the Omega 3.6 had a refresh rate problem for me but the Omega 3.5's have no problems that I have seen. They are a keeper, and yes the image quality is much better than the Cat's. Plus the Omega's let you soft mod your Radeon 9500 or 9700 with ease :D

ok thanx but call me razy. All i can find on that site are radeon driver version 2.4.74. Where can i find 3.5?

version 2474 is the new driver which base on cat 3.6. If you go to readme to that page it will explain to you everything you need to know about that driver.

Back